none
HIS 2013 TI App.config RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving the following message when I attempt to send a transaction via HIS 2013.

"HISMTBG0003 A call has been made with a user specified RemoteEnvironment name of ReEnv1 and no RemoteEnvironment with that name exists.  Ensure the RemoteEnvironment name specified in the client code has been defined using TIManager."

My TI generated App.config is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <configuration>
       <configSections>
          <section name="hostIntegration.ti.wip" type="Microsoft.HostIntegration.ConfigurationSectionHandlers.Ti.Wip.WipConfigurationSectionHandler, Microsoft.HostIntegration.ConfigurationSectionHandlers, Version=9.0.1000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3333345678345555"/>
       </configSections>
       <hostIntegration.ti.wip xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/his/Config/TiWip/2013">
          <readOrder appConfig="first" cache="unused" registry="unused"/>
          <cache cacheName="TICache" key="" region="HostIntegrationServerCacheRegionTransactionIntegrator"/>
          <remoteEnvironments>
             <remoteEnvironment name="ReEnv1" isDefault="false" codePage="37" timeout="10">
                <snaUserData localLuName="LocalLU62" remoteLuName="RemoteLU" modeName="CAMV62P" syncLevel2Supported="false" essoAffiliateApplication="" securityFromClientContext="false"/>
             </remoteEnvironment>
          </remoteEnvironments>
          <objects>
             <object name="MyAppTransaction.Transaction" remoteEnvironmentName="ReEnv1" remoteEnvironmentTypeId="SnaUserData"/>
          </objects>
          <conversionBehavior acceptBadCOMP3Sign="false" acceptNullPacked="false" acceptNullZoned="false" alwaysCheckForNull="false" stringsAreNullTerminatedAndSpacePadded="false" trimTrailingNulls="false"/>
          <tiWipBehavior callAccountingProcessor="" nineCharacterImsTransactionId="false" sourceTransactionProgramNameOverride="false"/>
       </hostIntegration.ti.wip>
    </configuration>
    I get this message whether or not my remote environment - ReEnv1 - is the default or not.  I have tried overriding the remote environment in the ClientContext to no avail.

I'm not clear on how HIS even knows about my App.config since it is stored on disk, and I have to re-open it every time I want to edit it.    There would appear to be a disconnect between my application and HIS.

I am running HIS 2013/VS 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64).

Thank-you.
    Friday, March 7, 2014 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi There,

I will assume that the app.config you provide is not verbatim, as the PublicKeyToken for the configuration section handler dll is incorrect. Are you running your own process, say foo.exe and not copied the app.config (being renamed or copied to foo.exe.config) to the directory where the exe exists? Or, are you maybe calling via WCF and have not copied the contents of the app.config to the web.config of the virtual directory?

Rob

Saturday, March 8, 2014 7:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you running your application with the app.config on the same machine as HIS 2013 ?

You don't need to specify the Objects in the app.config file, just use the clientContext if you like.

Is this a stand-alone application with an app.config file or are you referencing an assembly with a config file ?

Best Regards,

Steve Melan - BCEE My Blog : http://stevemelan.wordpress.com

Friday, March 7, 2014 3:46 PM
  • Hi There,

I will assume that the app.config you provide is not verbatim, as the PublicKeyToken for the configuration section handler dll is incorrect. Are you running your own process, say foo.exe and not copied the app.config (being renamed or copied to foo.exe.config) to the directory where the exe exists? Or, are you maybe calling via WCF and have not copied the contents of the app.config to the web.config of the virtual directory?

Rob

Saturday, March 8, 2014 7:41 PM
  • Thank-you for your response.  I apologize for the delay in acknowledging it.  

This is a stand along application.  It references an assembly with a transaction definition object (that was supplied by the mainframe endpoint, but to my knowledge that assembly does not contain a config file.

I will try using the clientContext to specify the object details.  Thanks for the idea.

Monday, March 17, 2014 1:11 PM
  • Yes - I replaced any identifying references in my app.config so the real PublicKey Token is not what shows here.  I am not using WCF.  I am running a simple .Net .exe.  It is possible that my app.config was not named or located correctly.  I will try renaming it and making sure that it is in the same folder as the executable.

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Monday, March 17, 2014 1:15 PM