none
Windows 10 Mail Contacts - How do I edit them RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

use the "People" app.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, August 10, 2015 7:01 AM
  • In windows 10 Mail you can't edit or ad new contacts to mail service directly. You need to login from web application such as Gmail, hotmail or other to add contacts on mail.

If you want to edit one or more mail service to windows 10 here is the process

1. On Start, tap or click Mail.

2. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, then tap Settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the bottom-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, then click Settings.)

3. Tap or click Accounts.

4. Tap or click Add an account, choose the type of account you want to add, then follow the on-screen instructions.

Monday, August 10, 2015 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

use the "People" app.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, August 10, 2015 7:01 AM
  • I am trying to port over from Outlook 2007 on my desktop to Windows 10. Sorry to say, but I find the available mail options sadly lacking! Windows mail is a disaster, in terms of contact lists, etc. It does not even compare with the old outlook express. I can only assume that users are expected to purchase Office to get any kind of half decent mail client!
    Monday, August 24, 2015 5:08 AM
  • Windows 10 Mail app is half baked. What good is a mail app without some sort of contacts feature? at least I would think it would make use of the contacts folder? Other than that I think it looks good and seems to work well.

update: ok, the people app for contacts, so far so good, but when I try to add an account to the people app that is not shown, but shows in mail, it says account already. unhappy with this stuff.

• Edited by Rob Cross Sunday, January 3, 2016 3:37 PM
    Sunday, January 3, 2016 1:21 PM
  • This tip doesn't even answer the question . . . adding accounts is not the problem.

"How do I edit my MAIL contacts in Windows 10 mail?" . . . in other words . . . where is the address book and how can a user add or edit email contacts?  Pretty simple stuff for every other Mail app on the planet.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:15 PM
  •   The short answer is, you don't. The Mail app is basically a way to consolidate several mail systems so that you can see all of your mail in one place. It is not a standalone mail system.

If you want an old-style mail program (with mailing lists etc) you need to use either Outlook or Windows Live Mail or a third party mail program. I use Windows Live Mail and the Mail app can access the contacts from there.

Bill

• Edited by Bill Grant Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:10 AM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 11:54 PM
  • I was able to import my old Live Mail contacts:

Log onto your Live Mail account in the Edge browser

Select People

Select Start import

Select Windows Live Mail

Follow the instruction about exporting a .CVS file from your old Live Mail, etc.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 3:41 AM
  • While this is the answer, one would have hoped there was a way to access the contacts list from within the mail program, or failing that, a program called something like "contacts", so we would not need to post questions about the arcane workings of something that should be user-friendly, like an email program.
    Saturday, August 20, 2016 8:35 PM
  • Try using the People app instead.  It works somewhat.  I say somewhat because in the time line it shows all the emails received from your contact however you cannot just click on it to read it.  Mail 10 is a long shot from being a full app.  Also Microsoft killed Live Mail thus forcing everyone to move to Windows Mail or purchasing Outlook.  Perhaps going back to Corel Office is a better option.  For sure it is a cheaper and way more stable option.

MICROSOFT TAKES US ALL FOR GRANTED FOR SURE

Thursday, September 8, 2016 9:14 PM
  • Try using the People app.  It may solve some of your issues. 

MICROSOFT did the impossible, it got worse. 

Thursday, September 8, 2016 9:16 PM
  • Remember when Coke changed the recipe, and a multitude of people gagged???
    Thursday, November 10, 2016 1:28 PM
  • Thanks! I guess this is why my contact list has disappeared from my Windows Live Mail! I can still type in and get address popup and lists....but can not revise my contacts anymore, etc. As far as Office 365...well...you can buy it....but try getting it loaded. What a rip!! Very disappointed, as I've used Microsoft on DOS for a lot of years. Best platform was XP Pro....and Windows 07. Internet Explorer is turning into a poor browser nowadays as well...sigh. I do not need a thousand apps on my working computer...I need a computer that works well, at good speed and has great storage for files. I need an email program that is solid. I do a ton of volunteer work, and sit on National and Provincial Boards...this is plain frustrating. Plus, if you lose your computer (froze & ready to clean so to speak) or if you have a board fault....email becomes something that has no backup. I save a lot of stuff at my 2 servers now...just a hint for important email. You can't save as to folders for it all! Darn...what good is gmail, Hotmail as my email program, when I have a what I thought was a semi-pro set up for an office? And business name email addresses! ARRRGHH. thanks for letting me vent. I am old...but having been using computers since 1976....some of this is not an improvement to the basic and good quality of the computer as a working tool. Connectivity...nice...needed...but not at the cost of my base being impinged into idiocy. I think intuitive is a misnomer for all this

Thursday, February 23, 2017 4:21 AM
  • You seem like you're in the same place I'm in except I've resisted buying the Office 360 despite all the unwanted and unpreventable ads for it from Microsoft that I keep getting when I activate my sleeping computer. Now I learn from you that even the overpriced Office 360 is not the answer to getting an address book the new Win 10 email client! I've spent much money on MS products over the years feeling like I had no better choice. Apparently, MS  tech support is no help. I have experienced the same on an unrelated Win 10 bug. Is MS purposely continuing their habit of making more disgruntled users each they foster a new OS on us? After this many years of MS's monopolization of the OS this is what we get; more frustration?
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:05 AM
  • Can't do it. The new mail client in Win10 is the worst "improvement" in email client programs in Microsoft history. Replacing Windows Live Mail, the best improvement in Microsoft history ever with this thing was just plane stupid. 
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:06 AM
  • Can't do it. The new mail client in Win10 is the worst "improvement" in email client programs in Microsoft history. Replacing Windows Live Mail, the best improvement in Microsoft history ever, with this thing was just plane stupid. Hate, hate, hate it!
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:08 AM