Windows 7 is not starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm having problems starting windows. What happened was, as I was installing a iso cloning program, it didn't installed correctly so I've decided to restart the PC and do the installation again. However, when I reached "Starting Windows" with the beautiful breathing logo, it hangs up there.

I tried repairing it, it didn't solve the problem. I've tried system restore, no restoration points found. I've inserted a Windows CD with the correct version and bit then tried to repair, still it didn't solve it.

I couldn't start booting it in "Safe Mode", pressed f8 couple of times but due to my encrypted system (truecrypt) I'm having a hard time getting in to the options of f8.

I don't want to lose my files please help!

Chocnut

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:08 AM

Answers

• I think your only solution is to re-install Windows after you wipe the hard drive with a utility that also checks for bad sectors.  It sounds like yous system has been corrupted during your attempt to install the cloning program and cannot be recovered at this point.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by EMMmmmmmm Monday, February 24, 2014 9:11 AM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:30 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, I agree with Rick, something important must be broken during the process of installing the cloning program which causes the failure of all repair options, before the final option of reinstalling your system, refer to this link,

TrueCrypt Rescue Disk

http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/rescue-disk

when preparing the encryption of a system partition/drive, it should create a TrueCrypt Rescue Disk, which can be helpful when your Windows is damaged and cannot start.

See this part:

If Windows is damaged and cannot start, the TrueCrypt Rescue Disk allows you to permanently decrypt the partition/drive before Windows starts. In the Rescue Disk screen, select Repair Options > Permanently decrypt system partition/drive. Enter the correct password and wait until decryption is complete. Then you can e.g. boot your MS Windows setup CD/DVD to repair your Windows installation.

Note: Alternatively, if Windows is damaged (cannot start) and you need to repair it (or access files on it), you can avoid decrypting the system partition/drive by following these steps: Boot another operating system, run TrueCrypt, click Select Device, select the affected system partition, select System > Mount Without Pre-Boot Authentication, enter your pre-boot-authentication password and click OK. The partition will be mounted as a regular TrueCrypt volume (data will be on-the-fly decrypted/encrypted in RAM on access, as usual).

NOTE This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Regards

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:24 AM

All replies

• I think your only solution is to re-install Windows after you wipe the hard drive with a utility that also checks for bad sectors.  It sounds like yous system has been corrupted during your attempt to install the cloning program and cannot be recovered at this point.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:30 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, I agree with Rick, something important must be broken during the process of installing the cloning program which causes the failure of all repair options, before the final option of reinstalling your system, refer to this link,

TrueCrypt Rescue Disk

http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/rescue-disk

when preparing the encryption of a system partition/drive, it should create a TrueCrypt Rescue Disk, which can be helpful when your Windows is damaged and cannot start.

See this part:

If Windows is damaged and cannot start, the TrueCrypt Rescue Disk allows you to permanently decrypt the partition/drive before Windows starts. In the Rescue Disk screen, select Repair Options > Permanently decrypt system partition/drive. Enter the correct password and wait until decryption is complete. Then you can e.g. boot your MS Windows setup CD/DVD to repair your Windows installation.

Note: Alternatively, if Windows is damaged (cannot start) and you need to repair it (or access files on it), you can avoid decrypting the system partition/drive by following these steps: Boot another operating system, run TrueCrypt, click Select Device, select the affected system partition, select System > Mount Without Pre-Boot Authentication, enter your pre-boot-authentication password and click OK. The partition will be mounted as a regular TrueCrypt volume (data will be on-the-fly decrypted/encrypted in RAM on access, as usual).

NOTE This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Regards

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:24 AM