none
RAMMAP doesn't properly display process name RRS feed

• Question

• - I think the latest version of RAMMAP (v1.52) needs a upgrade. I hope this hasn't been reported before.

- When I run RAMMAP and open the "Processes" tab the program doesn't Always show the full name of a process. E.g. I know that on my computer there can be one process running called "Defraggler64.exe" but RAMMAP doesn't display the full name. RAMMAP thinks the name of the process is "Defraggler64.e" and doesn't show the last 2 characters of that process "xe".

- This happens with ALL process names that are too long (i.e. full names longer than 14 characters). RAMMAP displays the 1st 14 characters and "forgets" to display the remaining characters.

Friday, June 19, 2020 3:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Willy222

Thanks for reporting. Not aware of this restriction and it isn't on our backlog so I added it and flagged it for consideration at the next backlog review

MarkC(MSFT)

• Marked as answer by Willy222 Friday, June 19, 2020 7:36 PM
    Friday, June 19, 2020 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Willy222

Thanks for reporting. Not aware of this restriction and it isn't on our backlog so I added it and flagged it for consideration at the next backlog review

MarkC(MSFT)

• Marked as answer by Willy222 Friday, June 19, 2020 7:36 PM
    Friday, June 19, 2020 8:48 AM
  • (Please pass this on to the developer(s) (Mark Russinovich ???) of this program).

- I have another suggestion to improve this version of RAMMAP. When I run RAMMAP and open the "Processes" tab then the process names aren't sorted at all. The info in all other columns seem to be in a random order as well. At least, I can't find any clear pattern what the sorting order is in ANY of the columns when I open this tab for the first time.

- Suggestion: When the user opens the "Processes" tab then let the program sort the info on "Process Name" BEFORE displaying any info in the GUI. I know the user is able to sort the info by clicking on the column header. So, the code knows how to sort the info but I think it should already be done when the user opens the "Process" tab.

- Same story for the "File summary" & "File Details" tabs.

Friday, June 26, 2020 1:02 PM