Lync normalization of incoming numbers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When a incoming number is called the toast shows the correct e.164 format i.e. +35311234567

If I answer the call and then hangup in the Lync client "calls list" it appears correctly as +35311234567

However if the same call is a missed call the number appears in the missed calls list as 35311234567 i.e. the + gets dropped! Why is this?

The call comes in from a Quintum gateway which does not supprot the +. But I have a rule on gateway pool dial plan that adds in the +

Celtic

Monday, January 21, 2013 1:47 PM

Answers

• Whether there is a plus or not will depend on whether Lync or Exchange handles the missed call notification. In some scenarios Lync is responsible for generating the missed call notification and in others Exchange is responsible. It is just a question of formatting and I don't believe you can change the behavior.
    • Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Sunday, February 3, 2013 7:45 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 8:05 PM

All replies

• OK,

Im pretty sure the + is missing is because Exchange needs to add it. Would anybody know the syntax to use in Exchange to prefix all numbers with a + ?

Celtic

Monday, January 21, 2013 4:44 PM
  • Whether there is a plus or not will depend on whether Lync or Exchange handles the missed call notification. In some scenarios Lync is responsible for generating the missed call notification and in others Exchange is responsible. It is just a question of formatting and I don't believe you can change the behavior.
    • Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Sunday, February 3, 2013 7:45 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 8:05 PM
  • It should have a plus sign. Please try to create a user dial plan to check this issue.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:36 AM
  • I stick by my original answer and to add more information it is not unusual to see Exchange exclude the plus and the country code. Either way it makes no difference because the only concern would be from a user perspective trying to use click to call in the actual missed call notification email and even if the plus and country code are missing a simple normalization rule can be added to the dial plan (in fact I would also expect that most dial plans would already have a normalization rule that took care of this).

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:33 PM