Resource Meeting Room Sending Two Bounceback Emails RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

I have a client with a resource meeting room issue for two different rooms. Whenever you make an appointment on the calendar and book the room it either sends back two accepted emails or two declined. It should only be sending back one. 

I have given myself an email account and a license via the clients Office365, and signed into that email via Outlook desktop app. If I book an appointment on either of the two resources I get double bounce backs. I am on a different network than the client. Anyone that books to either of the two rooms receives double emails.

I have put in a ticket with Microsoft and they have nothing to offer as far as troubleshooting goes. Has anyone seen this issue before? I will include a screen shot of an example as well.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create the appointment on the calendar and select the resource I want to book
    2. Set a time for the appointment and click save & close
    3. Receive two denied or two approved bouceback emails.

Thursday, February 6, 2020 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this problem only occur with these two specific rooms?

>>  I am on a different network than the client. Anyone that books to either of the two rooms receives double emails.

Will everyone in your organization encounter this problem when they book these two rooms?

To narrow down this issue, please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 7, 2020 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 10, 2020 9:30 AM
  • Yes, it only occurs with the two resource rooms.

Everyone in the organization encounters this issue when they book the two rooms.

I have tried in the web mail client and the same issue does not occur.

Thanks

Monday, February 10, 2020 1:25 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply, this information is very useful.

>>it only occurs with the two resource rooms.

Other resource rooms work fine, right?

Given this situation, please check how many Bounceback Emails are displayed on OWA when there are two Bounceback Emails shown in Outlook client. 

Besides, when resource meeting room sending two Bounceback Emails, please check if there are two mail flow for these two emails in message tracking log. For you reference if you are using Office 365 account: Run a message trace and view the results in the Exchange admin center.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:42 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 8:37 AM