Program will not install in windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to install a program I used with windows XP but now I am on windows 7 the same program wont work any ideas
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 12:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• We need much more info.

You can try to install it in compatibility mode

To install in compatibility mode do the following:

Right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose OS

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows?SignedIn=1
    (works in  win 7, win 8, and win 10)

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

• Proposed as answer by Charles_Wang_ Monday, November 23, 2015 4:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by junebrad Monday, November 23, 2015 8:55 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 12:13 PM
  • What is the program in question?

Have you contacted the publisher of the program about this situation?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, November 14, 2015 12:25 PM
  • Hi,

Since the program used normally in Windows XP, why don't choose compatibility mode to test the issue. Just right click the program > "Properties" > "Compatibility" > Check "Run this program in compatibility for", then choose you previous Windows XP system.

After that, right click the program and click "Run as administrator" to check the issue.

For helping you better, you would tell us the program name or you could contact the program vendor to know if there is any version of the program for Windows 7.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Charles_Wang_ Monday, November 23, 2015 4:25 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2015 6:07 AM
  • Thanks for all your help installed and working now
    Friday, November 20, 2015 3:07 PM