ctrl+shift+enter in start menu no longer works RRS feed

• Question

• If you type some command into the search box in start menu and press ctrl+shift+enter,windows should run that command in admin mode, but now when I type something("cmd" for example),and press ctrl+shift+enter,windows no longer runs it.My start menu just close as if windows has accepted my input, but then nothing happens, it dosen't launch that command or program.
    Same thing gose for recent items in jumplists and program specific recent list in start menu,any ideas?
    7600.16385.090713-1255_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULFRER_EN_DVD
    • Edited by cym104 Saturday, August 8, 2009 3:18 AM
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 3:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• Strange ! It does work on my Built version and yet I have the same OS and the same Built version as you.
    Regards,
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 7:55 PM
  • Mine was upgraded from 7000 to 7100 to 7600, I'm now wondering if it was the upgrading that cause the problem...
    BTW, it worked fine on new installations for all builds.
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:29 PM
  • Mine was upgraded from 7000 to 7100 to 7600, I'm now wondering if it was the upgrading that cause the problem...
    BTW, it worked fine on new installations for all builds.

That probably is the problem, since new installs work just fine.

This is why MS does not allow you to upgrade from beta to RC to RTM, they only permit clean-installs to avoid these problems.
    Hello! Please try every solution given to your problem...and reply back, promptly if possible with its results...

Click here for my thread on Win7 min. system requirements
    Readme for older ATI graphics card and Windows 7 users
    - JoelbX
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:41 PM
  • I was just tried the CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER on my Windows 7 x64 and it works just as fine with the UAC dialog popped out. However, after 2 or 3 seconds I run any applications with Administrator privileges using the CTRL+SHITF+ENTER method, Windows Explorer crashes.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:15 AM