WSS 3.0 AD Creation Mode problem changing Site Collection Administrator passwords RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a WSS 3.0 farm configured in AD Creation mode.  Everything appears to be working as expected (creating users, new users logging in, etc...).  However, there is a strange issue for which I haven't yet found a resolution.  Any user who is a site collection administrator is unable to change their password.

If you are logged in as a site collection admin and you navigate to My Settings > Change Password, the Old Password box is not even displayed.  If you proceed and type a new password (and the confirmation password) and click OK, the message box indicating you may be prompted for your user name and password is displayed.  However, when you click the message box OK you receive an "Error changing password for user account" message.  Nothing is displayed in the ULS logs.

If the same user is removed from site collection administrators, that user can log in and change their password without issue.

If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.  Thank you in advanced.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:13 PM