Shared contacts will not be displayed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am looking for a solution to the following problem or any idea of the direction I'm about to initiate.
    The environment: Exchange 2016 CU6 Version 15.1 ‎(Build 1034.26)
    The client:
    Windows 10, Office 2016
    The problem is that when a user "A" shares their contacts in Outlook with "B", the "B" user in Outlook will see the shared addressbook, but it is completely blank.
    The permissions are fine, from PowerShell checked, modified (Full Acces, Owner) seems all right, however, the contacts do not appear. Specifically, there are 1-2 contacts appear in the folder every few days (otherwise 2-3,000 are in it).
    It's like synchronization is not going to happen or there's a problem.
    It's also interesting to see that users who have previously shared their contacts with 'A' before, there have no problem and all of contacts been seems, only those newly-recruited users experience this problem.
    If anybody has any idea, I'd love to accept it. :-)
    Thanks in advance.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Csaba,

Do you mean the shared contact is listed on the left pane, but no entries show up:

>> It's also interesting to see that users who have previously shared their contacts with 'A' before, there have no problem and all of contacts been seems, only those newly-recruited users experience this problem.

Could you please share troubleshooting steps you have tried so far to narrow down the issue only occurs to newly-recruited users?

Besides, please try running Online mode in User B's Outlook and see if there will be any improvement.

It is also suggested to try share a contacts with fewer entries (less than 10) and check if it can show up properly.

Any findings, please post back at ease.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 25, 2017 9:08 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Exactly, the shared contact is listed on the left pane, but no entries show up, just like on your picture.

Just a little supplement (if it was maybe equivocal):
    The users are not newly-recruited, there are long ago in a domain enviroment, only get permission newly.

I checked the permissions in PowerShell and give Full Access and Owner permissions.
    If I give the same permission to an other user contacts, that Works fine and I see the contacts in the folder.
    It seems, only this user "A" has problem with mailbox or contacts folder.

I tried earlier to run Outlook in online mode, but the problem is consist.

Best regards,

Friday, August 25, 2017 1:22 PM
  • Hi Csaba,

>> If I give the same permission to an other user contacts, that Works fine and I see the contacts in the folder.
    It seems, only this user "A" has problem with mailbox or contacts folder.

Have you tried recreating the mailbox for this particular user and check if there will be any improvement?

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:04 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the recreating of the mailbox not an option, because the special user is the "big boss", so my possibilities are limited.

I did one more thing, I checked the mailbox corruptions:

New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox "boss" -CorruptionType ProvisionedFolder, SearchFolder, AggregateCounts, Folderview -DetectOnly
    Get-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox "boss" | fl

but no corruptions detected.

Maybe any other idea?

Best regards,
    Csaba

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 12:56 PM