os not recognised RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all. Can anyone please help. Im running an acer 5920 laptop which keeps crashing and freezing. ive had to recover using my disc many times, however this last recovery has left me with no operating system. When i recover the system it first states that partition 2 is my designated partition then continues to load the recovery on partition 2. however this last recovery stated that my designated partition was partition 2 but now loads the recovery on partition 1. when the recovery is complette, it states that no operating system is found. Ive since deleted the drive and created a new partition using a free active boot download. but still after recovery again loading on partition 1, my opperating system cant bee found. Any sugestions would be gratefully accepted as im literally pulling my hair out. I have the manufactory recovery disc and a configuration disc that i made when new but i dont know how to set the system up so that the opperating system detected. I pray some knowlageable and kind person willing to help spots this as i am now totally lost Thank You All!

Saturday, August 16, 2008 12:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From some tech forums for Acer laptops, I found that if we repartition, the Acer recovery may install the system into other partitions rather than the default partition. Generally, from Acer recovery utility, we could reformat and recover the system as the original manufacture status in one step.

Since the recovery function has especial mechanism that is designed by Acer, Acer support would be the right recourse to help you with this issue.

Acer Email support information.
    http://us.acer.com/public/page11.do;jsessionid=C86DA4B7F8E6BDF598A45FDE67DD1596.public_a_14a?sp=page4&UserCtxParam=0&GroupCtxParam=0&dctx1=25&CountryISOCtxParam=US&LanguageISOCtxParam=en&crc=2153616657

Hope it helps.

Monday, August 18, 2008 8:00 AM
  •  

Hi Artxie Thank You very much for your suggestions and link to Acer. However I returned the computer to PC World and managed to get a refund. I now have the HP 6810 however it only lets you recover to factory settings. Would you know if there is a program to make a full recovery disc with user settings so if i need to recover the system it will also instal all my programs and security back to how the system was before failure ? Thank You Again!
    Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:23 AM
  • Hi

One of the more popular programs that wilol create a complete clone of the hard drive is Acronis True Image.

It's very easy to use and also very reliable.

You can find more information here:

Acronis True Image 11 Home:
    http://www.acronis.com/

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From some tech forums for Acer laptops, I found that if we repartition, the Acer recovery may install the system into other partitions rather than the default partition. Generally, from Acer recovery utility, we could reformat and recover the system as the original manufacture status in one step.

Since the recovery function has especial mechanism that is designed by Acer, Acer support would be the right recourse to help you with this issue.

Acer Email support information.
    http://us.acer.com/public/page11.do;jsessionid=C86DA4B7F8E6BDF598A45FDE67DD1596.public_a_14a?sp=page4&UserCtxParam=0&GroupCtxParam=0&dctx1=25&CountryISOCtxParam=US&LanguageISOCtxParam=en&crc=2153616657

Hope it helps.

Monday, August 18, 2008 8:00 AM
  •  

Hi Artxie Thank You very much for your suggestions and link to Acer. However I returned the computer to PC World and managed to get a refund. I now have the HP 6810 however it only lets you recover to factory settings. Would you know if there is a program to make a full recovery disc with user settings so if i need to recover the system it will also instal all my programs and security back to how the system was before failure ? Thank You Again!
    Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:23 AM
  • Hi

One of the more popular programs that wilol create a complete clone of the hard drive is Acronis True Image.

It's very easy to use and also very reliable.

You can find more information here:

Acronis True Image 11 Home:
    http://www.acronis.com/

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:26 PM