none
DPM 2016 - File Server Cluster Volumes not visible RRS feed

• Question

• Latest version of DPM.

I have a 2 node File server cluster that has 5 volumes being shared out.  I have recently added a new volume to this file server cluster (few days ago).

Within DPM 2016, when I modify my protection group to try and add the new volume and share folder, it does not show up at all.

I am unable to refresh the cluster object in the list as well.  

I have rebooted DPM, file server nodes, moved the role between the nodes and still cannot add this volume.  Agent is also updated across the board.

Any thoughts?

Friday, August 3, 2018 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You cannot refresh the cluster object because it's grayed out?

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Friday, August 3, 2018 9:35 AM
  • Partially.

Screenshots are always easier:

(NVM I can't add screenshots or links as my account isn't verified - and no way to force a verification it seems)

So if I have 'Cluster Group' selected, I can hit the refresh button (does not do change anything when I do it though).

If I have INFRA-DACLUS001 selected (this is my clustered role), refresh is greyed out (same if I have either the All Shares or All Volumes selected)

Friday, August 3, 2018 4:04 PM
  • Did you also try to refresh your cluster nodes in DPM?

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, August 6, 2018 5:09 AM
  • I was having the exact same issue. Try this - under your cluster name in DPM, select the cluster resource and then click refresh on that. Apparently, refresh at the cluster level doesn't recursively refresh all of the child objects.

Monday, August 6, 2018 6:40 PM
  • I tried this with no luck either.

The only other thing I can think of, is the drive letter I picked for the new share is the same as a GPO applied mapped network drive.  I will be attempting to create a new share with a different drive letter to see what happens, even though its a long shot.

Friday, August 10, 2018 7:40 PM