none
Windows Disk Protection centrally managed for shared computers RRS feed

• Question

•  

Greetings,

We are looking at using Steady State plus Windows Disk Protection for a public library patron access computer network.  I've read all the related documentatino on it and it sounds like it could be just the type of solution we are looking for.  The one thing that concerns me is having to physically set WDP on each individual computer.  Is there an interface to manage this centrally? Is there a scripting solution to this? 

The whole point of us looking at a new solution is to prevent having to touch 70+ machines whenever a change needs to be made.  Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Taylor

Thursday, March 13, 2008 2:34 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for posting here!

Taylor, I would like to inform you that in the new version (SteadyState 2.5 Beta), two command-line parameters have been added to SCTUI.exe. You can use them to enable or disable Windows Disk Protection (WDP).

To enabled WDP, run the following command from an administrator account:

"C:\Program files\Windows SteadyState\sctui.exe" /EnableWDPAndReboot

To disable WDP:

"C:\Program files\Windows SteadyState\sctui.exe" /DisableWDPAndReboot

You can create a batch file with the command and then deploy it to your computers. More information can be found in the beta version's Handbook:

Windows SteadyState 2.5 Beta Handbook

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D173452A-CE26-4F26-9C30-982F705F84D2&displaylang=en

Best regards,

Friday, March 14, 2008 5:33 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for posting here!

Taylor, I would like to inform you that in the new version (SteadyState 2.5 Beta), two command-line parameters have been added to SCTUI.exe. You can use them to enable or disable Windows Disk Protection (WDP).

To enabled WDP, run the following command from an administrator account:

"C:\Program files\Windows SteadyState\sctui.exe" /EnableWDPAndReboot

To disable WDP:

"C:\Program files\Windows SteadyState\sctui.exe" /DisableWDPAndReboot

You can create a batch file with the command and then deploy it to your computers. More information can be found in the beta version's Handbook:

Windows SteadyState 2.5 Beta Handbook

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D173452A-CE26-4F26-9C30-982F705F84D2&displaylang=en

Best regards,

Friday, March 14, 2008 5:33 AM
  •  

Thank you! That is perfect for what we want to do.
    Friday, March 14, 2008 1:03 PM