All 32 bit programs freeze, no problem with 64 bit programs RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, im done. Been working on this one for a couple days now constantly searching google and just hitting hundreds of dead ends.

I have a design computer for a printing company that has your basic adobe cs4 and office 2010 as well as a couple other essential programs.

Here's what works:

Photoshop 64 bit
    Internet Explorer 64 bit

Here's what doesn't work:

Indesign (32 bit)
    Photoshop (32 bit)
    All office products (32 bit)
    Firefox
    Thunderbird
    Internet Explorer (32 bit)

I've done almost all the basics, full virus scan, full registry scan, reinstall of adobe, reinstall of office.

The funny thing is if I reinstall adobe CS4 it actually works normal for a couple hours and then it starts slowing down and then its dead in the water again. Any suggestions?

Scott

Sunday, October 17, 2010 3:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Scott,

Thanks for the post!

According to your description, all 32-bit applications have the same issue. I suspect there could be some conflict programs. Please try Clean Boot to find out the culprit.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, October 25, 2010 11:44 AM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:37 AM