Matshita BD-CMB UJ-120 ATA Driver problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I have been trying to figure this out for weeks now but had no luck at all, so time to ask people with alot more knowledge than me hopefully you might all know...

Right I have an Acer Aspire 5920G with a Matshita BD-CMB UJ-120 ATA dvd/blu-ray driver, and a while ago it just stopped working completely...I go into my device manager and there is an explination mark next to it, I select properties and get the following message:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

I also have Daemon tools which is a virtual CD drive if know one uses it, but that is also getting the same message so I am starting to think there is something wrong with my laptop to stop picking up CD drives completely...and wondered if anyone at all knows how to fix this?

Please someone I hope you do, it is hard to use a laptop with NO CD drive at all

Thanks...

incase I don't realise you reply here can, I'll leave you my email address to email me too =)

Kita.kita.god.nya@googlemail.com

Thanks alot if you can in anyway help.
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:52 AM