Symantec Endpoint and Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Has anybody tried Endpoint protection with Windows 7 and if so has it worked for you?  I don't see Windows 7 listed on any of their endpoint web pages as a system requirement.  I hope they do make it compatible with Windows 7
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Monday, September 7, 2009 4:24 PM Moved to relevant category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 7:00 PM

Answers

• Yes. Symantec will fix the remaining issues with a patch (expected to be within 30 days of Windows 7 GA).
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 10:30 PM
  • Hi ThePumpMan,

You should check these links:

Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.4 for Windows 7

Support for Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.4 on Microsoft Windows 7 Beta

Symantec Endpoint Protection version 11.0 is also capable of playing nice with both Windows 7 client and Windows Server 2008 R2 (Windows 7 Server). According to the company, Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.4 can be installed on the Beta development milestones for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. At the same time, the security solution will also install and run on builds from the Release Candidate branch of the operating system, but not on the most recent development milestones made available by Microsoft

Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.4 can be installed on Windows 7 Beta, either 32-bit or 64-bit,” Symantec revealed. “To install MR4 on Windows 7: copy the contents of the Symantec Endpoint Protection folder to your local hard drive or a network share. Run LUSETUP.EXE to install LiveUpdate. Restart the computer. Run SETUP.EXE to install Symantec Endpoint Protection.”

Regards.

Cecilia Zhou
    • Marked as answer by ThePumpMan Monday, September 7, 2009 2:44 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2009 8:17 AM

All replies

• Yes. Symantec will fix the remaining issues with a patch (expected to be within 30 days of Windows 7 GA).
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 10:30 PM
  • Hi ThePumpMan,

You should check these links:

Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.4 for Windows 7

Support for Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.4 on Microsoft Windows 7 Beta

Symantec Endpoint Protection version 11.0 is also capable of playing nice with both Windows 7 client and Windows Server 2008 R2 (Windows 7 Server). According to the company, Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.4 can be installed on the Beta development milestones for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. At the same time, the security solution will also install and run on builds from the Release Candidate branch of the operating system, but not on the most recent development milestones made available by Microsoft

Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.4 can be installed on Windows 7 Beta, either 32-bit or 64-bit,” Symantec revealed. “To install MR4 on Windows 7: copy the contents of the Symantec Endpoint Protection folder to your local hard drive or a network share. Run LUSETUP.EXE to install LiveUpdate. Restart the computer. Run SETUP.EXE to install Symantec Endpoint Protection.”

Regards.

Cecilia Zhou
    • Marked as answer by ThePumpMan Monday, September 7, 2009 2:44 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2009 8:17 AM
  • Thanks for the response and the Answers.  I'm trying out the RTM free version right now and it looks good. I think I'm going to like Windows 7.  I guess I'll have to wait on Symantec to patch Endpoint and until then I'll use Avast "cough..choke" free.

I'm anxious to make the switch. Vista was not the answer for me.  Just to much of a hassle for a home network or small office work-group setting.  I would still like to see a basic user/network or group profile counsol where you would go and answer a few basic questions and Windows 7 would set your security permissions for you.  Such as if you are all peers and you want open sharing then just click a radio button and you basically have sharing just like XP has. I can't see the need to security in a home network or even in a multi-computer work environment like I do with my web design work where I'm running 5 to 7 computers at the same time.

Again, Thanks for the response.

Scott
    Monday, September 7, 2009 2:52 PM