none
Does DPM 2010 backup & restore the "claims based authentication" in SharePoint 2010 ? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know if DPM 2010 backs up the "claims based authentication" in the SharePoint 2010.  If can, what are the steps ? 
    Monday, October 10, 2011 4:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Bernard,

DPM does not backup claims authentication natively. It protects the admin and the configuration database natively. You can protect claims authentication with DPM but this will require some manual setup from your end.

Without knowing your specific configuration I can only give you a general idea of what to protect. You need to back up central admin and your web application (this is already done by protecting the admin and config DB’s), your Identity Provider(Examples are SQL users(membership store DB), LiveID, a SP List etc…), Security Token Service application, and IIS on the WFE or APP server (ASP.NET and other settings).

You will need all of those settings and may require some configuration after a restore.

Here are two really solid blogs that have more information on claims authentication and would help you further understand claims authentication in SharePoint if you don’t already and will help with planning your protection of it.

HTH

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 7:06 AM