Outlook 2010 reminder is set to none still getting notification RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Outlook 2010 and not connected to an Exchange server.  I have one calendar item set to no reminder; however, it continues to remind me.

I have done the following:

Delete the item and recreated it

Run outlook /cleanreminders

Run scanpst

Any other suggestions I can try?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 10:18 AM

All replies

• Hi falcios,

Please try using the MFCMAPI tool and see if the reminder can be deleted:

1. Download MFCMAPI from github (scroll down and then click Latest release).
    2. Exit Outlook.
    3. Open MFCMAPI.
    4. On the Tools menu, click Options, select both of the following check boxes (if they're not already selected), and then click OK:
      • Use the MDB_ONLINE flag when calling OpenMsgStore
      • Use the MAPI_NO_CACHE flag when calling OpenEntry
    5. Click Session, click Logon, select the profile that you want to change, and then click OK.
    6. Double-click the mailbox store that you want to open.
    7. Expand Root Container(Or Root Mailbox).
    8. Right-click the Reminders folder, and then click Delete folder.

Note Do not delete the individual items inside the Reminders folder. The Reminders folder is just a view of upcoming events on the calendar. If the items inside the folder are deleted, those items will be removed from the calendar.
    9. Run the Outlook.exe /cleanreminders or Outlook.exe /ResetFolders command line. (This step re-creates the Reminders folder and adds any valid entries back in.)

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, August 30, 2018 2:49 AM
  • Thanks so much for your help.
    Thursday, August 30, 2018 1:54 PM
  • Thanks so much for your help.

You're welcome. If the method was useful, could you please help mark it as answer so that others who might have a similar issue can benefit from your thread? If you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 31, 2018 1:36 AM