In WSUS, how to count critical updates in Needed? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I started a script :

$computerscope = New-Object Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.ComputerTargetScope

$updatescope = New-Object Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.UpdateScope

$wsus.GetSummariesPerComputerTarget($updatescope,$computerscope) |

Format-Table @{L=’ComputerTarget’;E={($wsus.GetComputerTarget([guid]$_.ComputerTargetId)).FullDomainName}},

@{L=’NeededCount’;E={($_.DownloadedCount + $_.NotInstalledCount)}},DownloadedCount,NotApplicableCount,NotInstalledCount,InstalledCount,FailedCount

For example, Server A have a 73 needed updates but i should to count a needed critical updates (Critical Updates as Classifications WSUS)

In my WSUS console, Server A have a 12 critical updates needed.

How to count this in PowerShell?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 11:44 PM

All replies

• Hi T.GLEMENT,

An easy way to achieve this is using WSUS GUI, in Critical Updates, set filter Approval with "Any Except Declined", status with "Needed", after loading, you may check the number:

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 3, 2017 9:11 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check if the above reply could be of help? If yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 7:39 AM