Error in creating a user profile property RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to create a new user profile property, it did create the property, but when I tried to add a property mapping using a AD attribute, I got an error saying

An error occurred when creating a property.

So, I delete it and deleting this property without attaching to any mapping is fine.

So, I tried something different by deleting an existing property that is already mapped to an AD attribute and I got this error:

The delete operation failed, please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact your administrator.

I was able to delete and add properties in the past. Any idea what had happened?

Thanks in advance. Your help would be grealy appreciated.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:46 AM Do not use prefixes in Titles
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:07 PM

Answers

• Seems like the Synchronization was running caused the problem. When I stopped it and went back editing the property, it allowed me to do so...Wow, I can't believe that's it!
    • Marked as answer by wkpli Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:01 PM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From your description, I suggest checking the log files and the Event Viewer in Administrative Tools for more information.

As you mentioned above, you could delete and add properties in the past, did you operate properties mapped to AD attribute?

Please let me know the result at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Friday, April 22, 2011 2:04 AM
  • Yes, I can mapped them to AD attribute, so everything was working perfectly fine before
    • Unmarked as answer by wkpli Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:01 PM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:40 PM
  • Seems like the Synchronization was running caused the problem. When I stopped it and went back editing the property, it allowed me to do so...Wow, I can't believe that's it!
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:01 PM