none
Some Initial 1703 Update Issues/Observations

Question

• Deployed 1703 Enterprise as an SCCM update to a PC which previously had a 1607 build and noticed the following problems:

Even though Office 2016 was installed (with S4B) before the update, I now have shortcuts in the start menu for 'Get Office', 'Mail', 'OneNote' (not Office 2016 version) and 'Skype Preview'. Why did it not detect Office was installed and exclude these?

The logon/lock wallpaper deployed using the 'Force a specific default lock screen and logon image' GPO is not displayed, even though I see a thumbnail preview of it when I go to change it manually. Why is the GPO not being applied? I haven't yet updated ADMX templates but cannot see the setting has changed in the local GPO.

unattend.xml during OSD initially installed the 1607 version with only the English (UK) regional settings. Now I have a language selection icon in the notification area with English (US) listed too.

Even though I ran a powershell script during 1607 OSD...

Remove-AppXProvisionedPackage-Online-PackageNameMicrosoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.9.5100.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe

...to remove Solitaire Colletion, it's now back under the start menu

Anyone else noticed these problems? I was hoping the update process would've been a little less disruptive than this, at least preserving settings and preferences which had been enforced on the initial build.

James

• Changed type JWilliamsUK Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:43 AM Has some questions
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:33 PM

All replies