Timestamp in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Very simple question. As you can see from this screenshot, there are 2 different times showing on this email. 
    Where precisely is the 12:18 being picked up from?

(headers don't show anything at 12:18)

thanks.

Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

So the actual time is 11:18, right?

Does this problem only happen on this specific email ? Or do all mails have this problem? Or this issue only happened on specific emails such as from the same sender.

In this case, please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail.

According to my research, these two time points differ by one hour, so this issue may be related to time zone, please make sure the time zone of Outlook client and your computer is correct.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 30, 2019 2:44 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 2, 2019 9:50 AM
  • Hi,

So the actual time is 11:18, right?

Does this problem only happen on this specific email ? Or do all mails have this problem? Or this issue only happened on specific emails such as from the same sender.

In this case, please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail.

According to my research, these two time points differ by one hour, so this issue may be related to time zone, please make sure the time zone of Outlook client and your computer is correct.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Hello Aidan I missed your reply sorry.

Interestingly in OWA the email shows as 11:18 which is the correct time.

This is only emails from a particular source, all others are OK so I guess the problem is with the source. However it doesn't make sense that the desktop client shows a different time to OWA.

My question remains as to where exactly this email is picking up 12:18 - I have checked the headers and nowhere does 12:18 appear

Monday, September 2, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

>> please make sure the time zone of Outlook client and your computer is correct.

Have you checked the time zone of your Outlook client and your computer?

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

>> please make sure the time zone of Outlook client and your computer is correct.

Have you checked the time zone of your Outlook client and your computer?

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Well yes - every other email is correctly time stamped.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

There is a period of time between when the mail arrives at the server and the server is synchronized with the Outlook client. Usually this time is very short, but occasionally it may become very long for some reason. Maybe 12:18 is the time when the server synchronizes with the Outlook client and 11:18 is time the email arrived at server. This situation is not common.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:57 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:47 AM
  • The "answer" is that the 12:18 is being picked up from the email headers. But I don't know which one. Neither does anyone else on any forum I have asked so feel free to close.
    Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:51 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> I have checked the headers and nowhere does 12:18 appear
    >> The "answer" is that the 12:18 is being picked up from the email headers

So there is “12:18” in the header? If so, could you please copy the related part of header here? So I can do further research.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, September 6, 2019 7:28 AM