none
Change the default landing page in SharePoint (not the O365 landing page)

Question

• Is there any way to change the default landing page for SharePoint badge in Office 365. Everyone universally hates the page they go to with all the Recent, and Suggested Sites.

We would like to go to our intranet at https://mydomain.sharepoint.com/ instead of https://mydomain.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx which is that mess of a page with all the suggested sites and recent activity.  We really hate having to create the Featured Links and make users go to that instead of directly to our Intranet site.

Sorry, I can't post an image to this site for some reason.

Friday, January 27, 2017 1:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Jordan,

If you mean the home page of the site in SharePoint online site, then you can go to Site Settings page to change the welcome page of your site.

Please check the link below for detailed steps:

http://www.learningsharepoint.com/2013/09/05/how-to-set-a-page-as-home-page-in-sharepoint-2013-site/

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 30, 2017 6:31 AM
  • Hi Jordan,

Did I understand your issue correctly in my first post?

Was your issue resolved?

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:32 AM
  • I understand the original request is , instead of accessing the SharePoint.aspx page from the SharePoint tile on the app launcher, they wish the SharePoint tile to direct to their Intranet home page which is more than likely a site created on SharePoint Online.

I have a similar ask.

What options to I have for directing users to the Intranet immediately after logging into Office365.

e.g. when they log in to Portal.office.com how can I direct them to <tenant>.sharepoint.com/sites/intranet.

Else if they can get there from a tile on the app launcher e.g. the "SharePoint" tile that could also work.

SharePoint Farmer in training

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:20 PM
  • I have the same question as Jordan and another poster:  How can the Start page for SharePoint (the page with URL "https://<organizational_domain>/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx", where <organizational_domain> is the intranet domain being used by the organization, be either customized or replaced?  Your answer focused on Team sites, which is a different matter.
    Monday, May 1, 2017 2:32 AM
  • Microsoft does not allow editing of your sharepoint.aspx page
    They started to create a tool that allowed you to customize your O365 waffle menu but cancelled its development. 
    There is no plans to grant your request in the future.  Have a nice day.

• Edited by GaryBert Monday, October 16, 2017 9:21 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Bart Abels Wednesday, January 3, 2018 2:53 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Bart Abels Wednesday, January 3, 2018 2:53 PM
    Monday, October 16, 2017 9:21 PM
  • Well, that pretty much sucks. Most of our end users are really trying to find alternatives to SharePoint now. All of these changes are causing a lot of headaches and redesign. If our users are going to have to redesign their entire system, they may as well go somewhere that is much more stable and doesn't have such an unhelpful tile menu. 
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:28 PM
  • <g class="gr_ gr_17 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="17" id="17">Has</g> there been any changes to allow this?
    Thursday, February 8, 2018 8:35 PM
  • I'm with others here - it is a huge pain that we can't do anything about where the SharePoint tile from the Office 365 waffle menu goes.  It has done nothing but create confusion.  We have done our best to provide the specific URL in announcements and recommend people create a button in their browser when we talk to them...but this still only does so much.  We want Teams to be strictly the app used for messaging individuals or groups, and SharePoint to be SharePoint.  I actually posted a question about doing something about this to Stack Exchange a few months ago:  https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/236983/changing-destination-of-sharepoint-waffle-tile

How can you just be like "there is no plans to grant your request in the future."  Stop changing things just for the sake of changing things while not giving customers a way to set things in the way that works best for them.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:54 PM
  • Hi, 

I had the same question but still there is nothing we can do about it.

But we can create a custom tile (from Office 365 Admin center) and pin it to the app launcher and this does solve this problem to some extent. Once the custom tile is created it will be available to everyone, users just need to pin it to the app launcher.

Thanks.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 5:10 AM
  • the link you provide is failing
    Friday, September 28, 2018 6:59 PM
  • well said
    Friday, September 28, 2018 6:59 PM
  • I feel everyone pains on this, I'm having the network eng to configure in Global network policy to set the page that we want to be the browser default landing page. This way when users launch browser it will take them to the page we want vs that default SharePoint page
    • Edited by Jusatec Friday, September 28, 2018 7:04 PM
    Friday, September 28, 2018 7:03 PM
  • This is nuts!  Surely this can be fixed.  Can it be customised by a private SharePoint Developer at least?
    Friday, October 19, 2018 1:03 AM
  • Any update on this?
    Friday, October 19, 2018 1:04 AM