Regular Skype users never receives my Skype for Business invitations RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I have a Skype for Business 2015 on premises installation here and I can federate normally. I followed Microsoft documentation procedure to allow federation with regular Skype users and enabled Directory Search.

Now, I can find Skype users using Directory Search and send them an invitation.

The problem is that this request never arrives at the Skype side.

I can send IM and everything with this users once they add me, but they have to do it manually (because my invites never arrive).

My issue is the same of other threads, wich don't seem to be solved. I have already tested using Skype Web, btw.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Friday, April 26, 2019 1:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Roberto D Neves,

Recently, there is a problem occurring when a SfB user adds a Skype Consumer user to their contact list. Microsoft have noticed this problem, and there’s a temporary workaround to this problem:
     - In Skype Consumer client, search for the SIP address of the SfB User, once found, send a message.
     - This will complete the acceptance in the Skype Consumer side and will allow for 2 way communication to continue.

Please use this temporary workaround for this issue at this point. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 29, 2019 2:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Roberto D Neves,

Recently, there is a problem occurring when a SfB user adds a Skype Consumer user to their contact list. Microsoft have noticed this problem, and there’s a temporary workaround to this problem:
     - In Skype Consumer client, search for the SIP address of the SfB User, once found, send a message.
     - This will complete the acceptance in the Skype Consumer side and will allow for 2 way communication to continue.

Please use this temporary workaround for this issue at this point. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 29, 2019 2:36 AM
  • Hi Evan, 

Thanks your answer. That workaround is what we have been doing since we faced this problem, even though it isn't the best scenario.

Once again, thanks for the reply.

Best regards,

Roberto Neves

Monday, April 29, 2019 5:35 PM