Location Policy - Multiple Entries for NotificationUri Parameter RRS feed

• Question

• In the RTM version of Lync, it seems that the notificationuri parameter for set-cslocationpolicy can only have one sip address, such as sip:john.doe@domain.local.  In our environment, it is desired to have the IM alerts for 911 calls to be sent to multiple users.  I have already tried adding additional users in the parameter, separated by a semi-colon, but that does not seem to work.

What options are available to accomplish this?  Can Active Directory distribution groups be assigned a sip address that will allow the IM to be sent to multiple users?  Can multiple users be entered in the notificationuri parameter, but I am entering them wrong?  Other?

I also know that third-party software for E911 can be used to accomplish this, but I was hoping for a solution that wouldn't require that.

Trevor
    Friday, January 7, 2011 3:30 PM

Answers

• Trevor,

I was able to get this working and can confirm that IM notifications can be sent to multiple SIP URIs for emergency calls. When entering comma separated SIP URIs for the -NotificationUri parameter in powershell, the string must be enclosed on parenthesis.

Set-CsLocationPolicy -NotificationUri "sip:user1@domain.com,sip:user2@domain.com"

Regards,

Jamie Schwinn

• Proposed as answer by Jamie Schwinn Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by rovert506 Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:09 PM
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:38 PM

All replies

• http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff529351.aspx

NotificationUri: URI’s that the emergency notification will be sent to. Notification URI can be one SIP URI or list of comma separated SIP URI’s. Group and DL URI’s are not supported.

----------------------------------------------------------

Seems that I might have been entering it in incorrectly and will have to test.  Outside of waiting on me to test, can anyone confirm this?

Trevor
    Friday, January 7, 2011 3:47 PM
  • Trevor,

Have you gotten this to work? I have tried to setup a simulated E911 scenario to test IM notification of an emergency call and I cannot get Lync to send an IM notification to the NotificationUri SIP address.

Thanks,

Jamie

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:26 PM
  • @Jamie,

I have gotten this to work yes.  Only difference is that the users in the NotificationUri setting were still on OCS.  With that being said, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work, if the users being notified were on Lync instead of OCS.

One thing I did discover is that the location policy had to have the "enable enhanced emergency services" setting enabled, otherwise the IM wouldn't go out.  Also, make sure the user that the calling user on Lync has this location policy assigned to them.

Trevor
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 1:15 PM
  • Trevor,

I was able to get this working and can confirm that IM notifications can be sent to multiple SIP URIs for emergency calls. When entering comma separated SIP URIs for the -NotificationUri parameter in powershell, the string must be enclosed on parenthesis.

Set-CsLocationPolicy -NotificationUri "sip:user1@domain.com,sip:user2@domain.com"

Regards,

Jamie Schwinn

• Proposed as answer by Jamie Schwinn Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by rovert506 Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:09 PM
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:38 PM