none
Help - Multiplication and Sum formulas for Custom Number Fields? RRS feed

• Question

• Wondering if anyone can help. I have 6 custom "Number" fields (Likelihood, Impact, Priority Score, Value for Money, Effort and Ranking Score).

The Likelihood and Impact fields have Lookup's included ranging from 1-5, while the Value for Money and Effort fields have Lookup's from 1-3.

I am trying to enter a formula in the Priority Score field which will calulate Likelihood X Impact but not having much luck.

Additionally, I am trying to come up with another formula for the Ranking Score field which will add together the Priority Score, Value for Money and Effort fields.

Does anyone have any idea how this can be done, or if indeed it can be done?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Gary.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:51 PM

Answers

• Sapna, I seem to have it working now. Below were the formula is entered, it says "Calculation for Task and Group Summary Row", and gives you the option to tick "Use Formula", which when ticked, the formulas kicked in.

Many thanks

Gary.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Gary,

Say you created these fields as :

Number 1 - Likelhood   Number 2 - Impact

Number 3- Value for Money   Number 4 - Effort Fields

Number 5 - Priority Score -> Formula -> [Number 1]*[Number 2]

Number 6 - Ranking Score -> Formula -> [Number 3] +[Number 5] +[Number 4]

Sapna S

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:07 PM
  • Sapna, thank you for your reply. Basically that's exactly what I have done and the formulas don't seem to work. No value appears in the Priority Score and Ranking Score fields, whenever you enter a value in any of the other fields???

Could it be becuase the values are coming from the set Lookup, or should this not matter?

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:13 PM
  • Sapna, I seem to have it working now. Below were the formula is entered, it says "Calculation for Task and Group Summary Row", and gives you the option to tick "Use Formula", which when ticked, the formulas kicked in.

Many thanks

Gary.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:20 PM
  • Great that it worked :)

Sapna S

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:24 PM