none
Microsoft Update Catalog Error 8DDD0010 RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure this is the right forum, but I can't find a better one in the list...

Every time I try to search for anything on http://catalog.update.microsoft.com, I get error 8DDD0010.  I've tried it on multiple computers, multiple connections, multiple operating systems, on-domain, off-domain, domain member, workgroup member, resetting IE, turning off the pop-up blocker...you name it.  I've tried everything I can find so far online and nothing has helped.  Does anyone know how to get this site to work or if MS is having a problem with it?

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 1:23 PM

Answers

• Hi BrianG_ERDMAN,

It seems that this website was been maintained and I shared the same situation with you yestaday. Now I can search from the Microsoft Catalog, you can have a try again.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:35 AM

All replies

• Hi BrianG_ERDMAN,

It seems that this website was been maintained and I shared the same situation with you yestaday. Now I can search from the Microsoft Catalog, you can have a try again.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:35 AM
  • VERY annoying problem that happens a bit too periodically for some reason.  Can assure you it's 100% on the site's end.   MS really has to abandon the activex system completely some day. :/
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 9:18 PM
  • In my case, I got it working by logging in with the built-in administrator account (usually called Administrator, and disabled by default) and turning on IE compatibility mode.

This error may sometimes be caused by upstream problems but definitely not always.  The client software it uses seems to be very unreliable.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:10 PM
  • FWIW, simply changing which browser I used seemed to correct the problem.  I got the error using Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0, but switching to the Chrome browser allowed me to download my patch.
    Monday, February 20, 2017 10:34 AM