Blank black screen after windows updates installed !! please help me RRS feed

• Question

• Ok here goes ,i have a Advent lap top running w vista home premium ,, early this week i did a clean install on it and everything was running smooth and dandy ,so a couple days later i thought id best get the windows updates up to date ,no probs downloaded them automatically and then it asked me to restart ,so did that when it restarted there was nothing !!! computer was running but NOTHING  on my screen just blank,black nothing at all !!  i have tried restrting pressing f8 ,,del etc all the obvious ,ive even phoned micro soft for help ,,but they only told me to do the same thigs ,i do not have the full version of vista it was pre installed when i brought it as most are now ,i have the disc that came with the laptop ,but booting with that achieves nothing also ,nothing on screen cant even get into the bios thingy ,,help please everything was fine until i did these updates ,i use my laptop daily ,my work was on it ,,omg im gutted help if yu can please to get some life into my laptop again ,thankyou
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 9:59 AM