Compatibility issue in Windows 7 64 bits RRS feed

• Question

• As you may know, Office 2007 in a 64 bits system is installed under Program Files (x86) folder. One of my customer just bought a brand new PC but can’t use his paperless application as Oracle can’t recognize the brackets in Program Files (x86) where his outlook is installed. This paperless application is installed as an Outlook add in and access an Oracle database to archive the emails. We tried to use Windows short name (progra~2) but didn’t work.

I would rather change the registry than downgrade the PC to 32 bit. I don’t want to do either of them.

Any other ideas?

Thanks a million!

Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:20 PM

All replies

• i think you must install Oracle database for 64 bit ,  there is a some solutions in Oracle site : http://download.oracle.com/docs/html/B13831_01/ap_64bit.htm

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:26 PM
  • Ow yes, I don't want to touch Oracle as well as there is other applications accessing the same database.
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:39 PM
  • You should contact Oracle Support, they may have a workaround for you with thier archiving products.
    :P Advice offered, If you need more help it is advised to seek the council and advice of paid professionals. The answer is always 42, or reboot.
    • Proposed as answer by zhen tan Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:23 AM
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 2:17 PM