APP-V, Quickbooks and RDS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I am having one problem with sequencing Quickbooks.

I have used instruction from [http://blogs.technet.com/b/appv/archive/2011/05/18/how-to-sequence-quickbooks-2011-using-microsoft-app-v-4-6.aspx]. Everything fine except Quickbooks registration. 

If you delete file EntitlementDataStore.ecml from package you will need to register Quickbooks.

This is not a problem if you have single machine, but in RDS environment you have to register Quickbooks every time you login to new machine.

Maybe, somebody faced with this problem?

Friday, October 18, 2013 6:41 AM

All replies

• Hello,

That is a very good question. I would assume that QB-support could answer that one, as it would happen in any RDS-environment (regardless if App-V was used or not).

I would guess that they scripted the file to be setup-properly, but I can't remember how this was technically done.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, October 18, 2013 12:55 PM
  • VMWare Thinapp works fine with Quickbooks.

We want to use APP-V, but this issue prevents deployment.

Monday, October 21, 2013 12:33 PM
  • Hello,

Have you tried creating the files for each host, and during the deployment of the package - copied back the .ecml-file to its appropriate host?

Monday, October 21, 2013 6:03 PM
  • Users can register Quickbooks by themselves every time the login to new host.

But this problem we want to avoid.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, that was not my suggestion.

My suggestion was that you registered QB for each server once. Saved the file away, and then created a script to copy the registration back for each host.

That would not prompt the user to register QB

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:12 AM