Photoshop CS3 and Windows 10? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Photoshop CS3 running in Windows 7 Enterprise. My new computer has Windows 10. Is CS3 compatible with Windows 10?
    Friday, February 5, 2016 5:43 PM

Answers

• No, CS3 is not even supported on Windows8. By definition is not compatible.

But you can try in compatibility mode "Windows 7" when running PS CS3.

Friday, February 5, 2016 5:51 PM
  • Hi,

As Nathanael said, Photoshop CS3 is not incompatible with Windows 10 at all.

If you want to sue PS product, Photoshop CC 2014 can be used as a substitute.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 8, 2016 3:44 PM

All replies

• No, CS3 is not even supported on Windows8. By definition is not compatible.

But you can try in compatibility mode "Windows 7" when running PS CS3.

Friday, February 5, 2016 5:51 PM
  • Hi,

As Nathanael said, Photoshop CS3 is not incompatible with Windows 10 at all.

If you want to sue PS product, Photoshop CC 2014 can be used as a substitute.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 8, 2016 3:44 PM
  • Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:47 AM
  • Although the installation comes up with some errors that look really daunting CS3 works just fine under Windows 10, most of the time.  You may have to do a few strange work-arounds during the install, manually find some files using your best friend Google (the files are generally somewhere on your computer, just not where the installer is looking for them , but don't let anyone tell you that just because your software is old you can't use it anymore.  I just removed Adobe Reader DC in favor of Acrobat 8 because Reader DC is a completely useless pile of bloat.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:53 PM