Roles and Features error out in 2008 R2 Server Manager RRS feed

• Question

• While applying Windows updates the process stopped for reason unknown. After server restart, updates finished but Roles and Features in Server manager do not load correctly. Returns this error

unexpected error refreshing server manager: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800f818

Ran Readiness check, it returned these errors.

servicing\packages\Package_for_KB983440_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
        servicing\packages\Package_for_KB983440_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat

I unpacked, renamed and replaced the corrupted files. still no luck. any help is welcomed. thanks

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As this is Windows SteadyState, I suggest to contact Windows Server Forum for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, May 9, 2011 1:55 AM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 5:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As this is Windows SteadyState, I suggest to contact Windows Server Forum for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, May 9, 2011 1:55 AM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 5:07 AM
  • Hi all,

I have a diffenrent issue, when I try to ad roles & features it requires to restart until it display data, i try severak time but nothing is gone. "cannot display data until computer is restarted".

and i cannot add any roles any features,

I will be glad if somebody could help me to solve it.

best

Monday, October 21, 2013 7:22 PM