Section Break - New Page - Causes Printing Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi my name is Mike,

I am using Office 365. Win 10. 16GB. x64 Intel i5-6400. I am digitizing a book scanning it from my Canon MG5660, saving it as a pdf  using Nuance PDF Converter Professional to convert it to a word doc. I then copy and paste into existing working word doc. Everything is going fine except as soon as I place a section break between the contents, title, copyright etc. pages and the start of chapter 1, the document does not print. I only want two sections, the main book and the pre-stuff. I have several page breaks but that does not seem to effect the printing.  Any thoughts. 

• Edited by smitty3182 Monday, April 17, 2017 5:50 AM
    Monday, April 17, 2017 5:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

>> I then copy and paste into existing working word doc. Everything is going fine except as soon as I place a section break between the contents, title, copyright etc. pages and the start of chapter 1, the document does not print.

Does this issue only affect the "existing working word doc"?
    What if testing in a new created document and check if it can print properly after you insert a section break?
    Does this problem only occur to a particular printer? Please try printing to PDF or XPS to narrow down the issue.

Besides, it is also suggested to try starting Word in safe mode (Press Win + R, type "winword /safe", press Enter.) to check the result.

Any findings, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:50 AM