public domain name ip address RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone

I have ABC.com as my public domain name...in the DNS SETTINGS of that domain name..do I change the IP address to my edge server? or should the ip adress of that domain has to remain the same which provider has given it?

I mean does my public domain name dns have edge ip adress?

Friday, December 2, 2016 9:04 AM

Answers

• For your domain name abc.com this can be from the provider i believe.

Thanks

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, December 5, 2016 8:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lexi Mace Wednesday, December 7, 2016 11:48 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Lexi,

You need to have add the DNS records for your domain in external dns.

You should allocate public ip addresses for your Edge Server (3 recommended) and reverse proxy usually 1 or 2 IPs with Office web apps (depends on Proxy solution)

So with a single edge server and reverse proxy thats a possible 5 public ip addresses required. If you have more edge servers you will need 3 per edge servers and more if your using hardware load balancing on Edge servers.

You can use a single public ip address for edge server if you dont have enough spare Public ips but its recommends to have 3 public ips, one for access edge, one for web conf and one for AV.

The public ips are usually allocated from firewall using NAT or directly assigned to the servers. The DNS records would be pointing to your on premise infrastructure.

How many public ips are you using ?

example below

Edge Server

sip.domain.com 195.3.3.3 (Access edge)

webconf.domain.com 195.3.3.4 (Web Conf)

av.domain.com (195.3.3.5 (Av)

lyncdiscover.domain.com 195.3.3.6 reverse proxy

meet.domain.com 195.3.3.6 reverse proxy

dialin.domain.com 195.3.3.6 reverse proxy

Exernalwebservices.domain.com 195.3.3.6 reverse proxy

Hope this helps

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Friday, December 2, 2016 1:07 PM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 9:45 AM
  • No I know about the DNS setting..I want to know about public domain name ip..

the domain provider that provides with public domain...for example my domain name is ABC.com

when I ask for ip adress of this ABC.com....what should it be???can it be whatever provider has assigned to it or should I five a specific ip address?

I have one ip for edge and 1 ip for reverse proxy as this is just for testing with few poeple for now

Friday, December 2, 2016 10:04 AM
  • For your domain name abc.com this can be from the provider i believe.

Thanks

Martin

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, December 5, 2016 8:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lexi Mace Wednesday, December 7, 2016 11:48 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 5:10 PM