none
Outlook not showing message when mailbox mapped to profile RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very weird thing going on.

If I add a specific mailbox to my Outlook profile I can see the inbox and all the folders, but none of the messages. 

If I open the mailbox in OWA I can see the messages.

If I add a new Outlook profile for the mailbox I can see the messages.

But since the user that needs access to the mailbox wants to open it as an additional mailbox in their profile, I'm trying to understand what is happening here.

Most of the atricles I found about the issue indicate it is a filter issue, but I can't find a filter, and that won't explain why I can see the messages when I open the mailbox in it's own mailbox.

Anyone ever see this before? Any ideas's?

Saturday, April 20, 2019 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Given this situation, it is suggested to search for these disappearing mail in your Outlook and see if they will be displayed.

Besides, what's the type of that specific mailbox? Please click "Send/Receive All Folder" button and see if there is any difference.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 22, 2019 2:18 AM
  • Thanks all!

The issue appears to be that it was a large mailbox and the Outlook client was in cached mode.  I noticed over the weekend many of the folders (but not all) had populated. I took the clinet out of cached mode and sure enough every thing was there.

Thanks again!

Rich

Monday, April 22, 2019 12:41 PM
  • Hi Rich,

You’re welcome. By the way, do you mind helping mark the post above as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:22 AM