Outlook office365 promt for password RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having strange issue with one of user account in office 365. we have on promises Ad which is sync to office365. I have one user which has issue with his outlook only. outlook not accepting password for user. all other application accept password for user such as skype for business, team etc.

if I login on same outlook with different user it's working fine. I can login on online office365 with same username and password. try on different laptop it's working fine.

done below step to resolve issue. none of them work.

1. clear all credential from credential manager.
    2. start outlook in safe mode.
    3. used office fix it tool did not find error.
    4. create new outlook profile.
    5. done quick repair.
    6. done online repair.
    7. clear office365 using office clean-up tool and re-install it.
    8. done windows 10 system restore to previous day while it's working fine.
    9. create new user profile.
    10. check any sync error but nothing reported.
    11. clear outlook registry but same thing.
    12. reinstall window10 2 times.

log the call with Microsoft and after 2 hours of call could not fine solution.

is there any one in TechNet can help me??

• Moved by Manu Meng Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:08 AM relocate
    Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi.

Need more information with outlook log

Resolve Outlook for Windows issues with automated troubleshooting tools

Please check type license for user on O365. Many licenses are not support connection client to O365.

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:24 PM
  • Hi Preyash Parekh,

Welcome to the Exchange Server forum. This forum is for questions and feedback related to Exchange server. Since your question is more related to Outlook, I'll move it to a more appropriate forum:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/msonline/en-US/home?forum=outlook

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:13 AM
  • hi Guys,

I just found work around for this issue. I was on call with Microsoft support for 2 hours on Wednesday and issue wasn't resolve.

to resolve this issue I have to install office365 using different user license. after installation I can configure outlook as affected user and change license to him. after this outlook work fine. I check everything on exchange side but did not find any issue. user have license assign to him. user can login on owa and office online using same username and password. also user can use other office365 app.

regard,

Preyash

Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:02 AM
  • hi Guys,

I just found work around for this issue. I was on call with Microsoft support for 2 hours on Wednesday and issue wasn't resolve.

to resolve this issue I have to install office365 using different user license. after installation I can configure outlook as affected user and change license to him. after this outlook work fine. I check everything on exchange side but did not find any issue. user have license assign to him. user can login on owa and office online using same username and password. also user can use other office365 app.

regard,

Preyash

Hi Preyash,

Great to see that you have found way to bypass the problem and thanks so much for your valuable sharing! By the way, do you mind helping mark your post above as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support!

Have a nice day :)

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:57 PM