none
Change Owner in Project Server after CU Dec RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to understand how changing owners work.

I tried to change the Owner in a PDP and saving with this result:

- The old Owner still has permissions in the workflow, the Gantt and the related site.

- The new Owner just has permissions in the workflow and the Gantt.

So I tried another step, changing the Status Manager and publishing. The result was:

- The old Owner just has permissions in the site.

- The new Owner has permissions everywhere but the site.

Can I do it without using manual sync? Reducing administrative work sounds great! ;)

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi there,

Unfortunately the manual sync is the only option I know of out of the box without custom development.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com

Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:38 PM
  • If I am correct are you referring to the Permissions needs to get synchronized with Project Sites whenever you change someone / add / remove in project Plan?

If this is the scenario then can you give a look at Server Setting>Project Site Provisioning Settings in PWA. You will find this option under the head Operational Policies.

Just tick the below tick mark.

Abhijeet M. Mohite

Friday, May 4, 2012 9:34 AM
  • This will work for users added / removed from the project plan, but doesn't work when you change the project owner (not when I've tested this anyway!)

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com

Friday, May 4, 2012 10:14 AM
  • Thanks Paul.

I was little unclear on the question and initially thought its for the routine project user additions.

Abhijeet M. Mohite

Friday, May 4, 2012 10:17 AM
  • Thanks!

Not great news, but at least I can't stop searching ;). Hope this change will come with the new Cumulative!

Monday, May 7, 2012 2:53 PM