JDE OneWorld RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have sequenced JDE OneWorld as per the following post - http://www.appvirtguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2050 Problem is that when you launch the sequenced app and enter your username and password, the application shuts down. Any ideas?
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you set terminate children to false?
    /Znack
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:45 AM
  • Yes, I have done that. The only thing I am not sure of is if you look at j0n0's post in the link above, he states in his script that he copies the files c:\ I am wondering if he sequenced his app to C:\ instead of Q:\
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:47 AM
  • Hello,

So you have obviously tried lots of things - why not share what you already have tried?
    /Znack
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:48 AM
  • Hi,

I did exactly as per j0no's post in the link above. The only difference is in our outcomes. What he does not state though is is version of JDE or Windows. I am using Windows 2008 R2 with XenApp 6 and App-V 4.6 SP1. I just wish that App-V would give you an eventlog as to why it is shutting down. There is no errors what so ever which makes it very hard to troubleshoot. Below is a copy of my osd file:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
    <SOFTPKG GUID="5828A320-63B1-4356-A17D-FBB274FD1E1A" NAME="JDEdwards Solution Explorer" VERSION="1.0.0.1">
     <IMPLEMENTATION>
      <CODEBASE HREF="RTSP://zasdappv01.acacia.nampak.com:554/JDEOneWorld/JDEOneWorld.sft" GUID="3935F46F-FC11-40ED-87D9-29BD0A43C893" PARAMETERS="" FILENAME="JDEOneWorld\system\Bin32\activConsole.exe" SYSGUARDFILE="JDEOneWorld\osguard.cp" SIZE="2475989344"/>
      <VIRTUALENV TERMINATECHILDREN="FALSE">
       <POLICIES>
        <LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>TRUE</LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>
       </POLICIES>
       <ENVLIST>
        <ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE="PATH">%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer x64\;%PATH%;%SFT_MNT%\JDEOneWorld\PD7334\bin32;%SFT_MNT%\JDEOneWorld\system\Bin32;</ENVIRONMENT>
       </ENVLIST>
      </VIRTUALENV>
      <WORKINGDIR>%SFT_MNT%\JDEOneWorld</WORKINGDIR>
      <VM VALUE="Win32">
       <SUBSYSTEM VALUE="windows"/>
      </VM>
      <OS VALUE="Win2008R2TS64"/>
     </IMPLEMENTATION>
     <DEPENDENCY>
            <SCRIPT TIMING="PRE" EVENT="LAUNCH" WAIT="TRUE" PROTECT="TRUE">
            <SCRIPTBODY>IF %COMPUTERNAME% == ZANLCTXAPP01 Copy /Y "\\zajdpdep01\B7334\JDESECFiles\ZANLCTXAPP01\" "C:\" \n
            </SCRIPTBODY>
            </SCRIPT>
     <CLIENTVERSION VERSION="4.6.0.0"/>
     </DEPENDENCY>
     <PACKAGE NAME="JDEOneWorld"/>
     <ABSTRACT/>
     <MGMT_SHORTCUTLIST>
      <SHORTCUT LOCATION="%CSIDL_DESKTOPDIRECTORY%" FILENAME="JDEdwards Solution Explorer.lnk" OVERRIDDEN="FALSE" DISPLAY="JDEdwards Solution Explorer" ICON="%SFT_MIME_SOURCE%/JDEOneWorld Icons/JDEdwards Solution Explorer 1.0.0.1.ico"/>
      <SHORTCUT LOCATION="%CSIDL_PROGRAMS%" FILENAME="JDEdwards Solution Explorer.lnk" OVERRIDDEN="FALSE" DISPLAY="JDEdwards Solution Explorer" ICON="%SFT_MIME_SOURCE%/JDEOneWorld Icons/JDEdwards Solution Explorer 1.0.0.1.ico"/>
     </MGMT_SHORTCUTLIST>
     <MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS>
      <PROGIDLIST/>
      <FILEEXTENSIONLIST/>
     </MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS>
    </SOFTPKG>

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:02 AM
  • Hello,

App-V only shutdowns the virtual environment when either the main process (if terminate children=true) or all process have been terminated.

The more interesting question is why your application terminates itself.

In your script - don't you need to escape all \ with an extra \?

See OSD-illustrated;

http://www.tmurgent.com/osd_illustrated.aspx

/Znack
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:06 AM
  • I did not notice that, I will change it and see what happens. Not sure if that would make the application shut down though?
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:19 AM
  • Have you monitored the application launch and shutdown using Process Monitor? It may give you some pointers on where to look further.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:34 AM