Customize Forms/Upload.aspx page RRS feed

• Question

• I'm want to customize the page when you click "New folder" in document library. I want to add a drop down column as it only shows a single Name column in that page. the URL of that page is Upload.aspx. Can i modify this page? Is that possible?
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As per my understanding, folder does not have any description so you can only provide name of folder while creating new folder. However you can customize the upload.aspx page but it will be applicable at document level not folder level.

Can you please tell us your requirement?

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

• Marked as answer by MadnanM Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:13 PM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:55 AM
  • Folders in sharepoint document library is just like the logical grouping of files. It has no metadata associated and hence you cannot add any other columns to it.

No.

Regards | Rohan | Sharepoint Technologies | http://sharepoint-administration-eu.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As per my understanding, folder does not have any description so you can only provide name of folder while creating new folder. However you can customize the upload.aspx page but it will be applicable at document level not folder level.

Can you please tell us your requirement?

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:55 AM
  • Folders in sharepoint document library is just like the logical grouping of files. It has no metadata associated and hence you cannot add any other columns to it.

No.

Regards | Rohan | Sharepoint Technologies | http://sharepoint-administration-eu.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:08 AM