none
Problem with windows server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• i have about 30 machine connected to windows server 2016 domain with active directory

some of those machines when i sign in with domain administrator it sign in with recent password

and some of those machines sign in with domain administrator with last password

any clue about why that happens and how to fix it and how to prevent it from happening again

Thursday, September 6, 2018 1:32 PM

All replies

• Did the machines for which you used the recent password (instead of the latest) have network connectivity to the DC at the point in time you logged in?

Are there multiple DCs in the network?

Are there multiple network segments for the DCs?  How much time between changing the password on one DC until you tried logging into the machine(s) that used the recent password?

Did the machines using the recent password eventually require the new password for login?

There are many things that can cause this.  Without knowing your configuration and timings, it is difficult to propose possible causes.

tim

Thursday, September 6, 2018 1:43 PM
  • Did the machines for which you used the recent password (instead of the latest) have network connectivity to the DC at the point in time you logged in?

Are there multiple network segments for the DCs?  How much time between changing the password on one DC until you tried logging into the machine(s) that used the recent password?

Did the machines using the recent password eventually require the new password for login?

There are many things that can cause this.  Without knowing your configuration and timings, it is difficult to propose possible causes.

tim

thx tim for replying

Did the machines for which you used the recent password (instead of the latest) have network connectivity to the DC at the point in time you logged in?

Yes

No

Are there multiple network segments for the DCs?

No

How much time between changing the password on one DC until you tried logging into the machine(s) that used the recent password?

Not much about less than a day

not for login , that only when i try to install any program or make any edits ( ask for admin privileges )

i can provide you any answer if i can
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:04 PM