Which version of VISTA will help me do what I need to do? RRS feed

• Question

• At work I have Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2.  I also have Outlook Version 2003, and use Distribution lists frequently.  I send weekly e-mails to more than 600 people, broken down into 26 different distribution lists.  
    I will be out of the office on sick leave for the next five weeks and will be doing some work from home, but my new home computer has Windows VISTA Home Premium edition, and Outlook Version 2003 (upgradable to 2007).  My Palm Pilot sync didn't automatically transfer the distribution lists into Outlook at home and I believe this is because my home computer has the VISTA Home Premium edition rather than the Professional version.

1) Can you tell me if my thinking is correct, and if I upgrade to VISTA Business or Ultimate edition then sync again, will my distribution lists be in Outlook like they are at my office? 
    2) Should I be able to purchase an upgrade version of Windows VISTA Business or Ultimate edition and install it, or will I need to uninstall the Home Premium edition and install a "whole" version of Business or Ultimate edition.

Thank you.
    Thursday, August 2, 2007 9:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Sduecy

The cause of the issue may be not about the Edition difference between Windows Vista. Installing proper Sync software for vista maybe resolve the issue.

The link below shows Windows Vista Information for Palm Smartphones and Handhelds

http://www.palm.com/us/support/windowsvista/

For  Windows Mobile devices including Treo 700w, Treo 700wx, Treo 750v and Treo 750

Please install Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC).

For Treo 755p, 680, 700p; Palm z22, TX; and Tungsten E2:

Please install  Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager

Both of the sync soft above is available at http://www.palm.com/us/support/windowsvista/#palmdesktop

Please have a try!

Good day!

Friday, August 3, 2007 3:42 AM
  •  

I am in the process of replacing my old XP desktop with a Vista 64 operating system.  While my laptop runs Vista 32 and is compatible with my Palm Tungsten E2 I have confirmed that the Palm Software is not compatible with the 64 bit version of Vista.

So, I am now in the process of finding out if the Chapura software allows connection of the E2 to Vista 64 (using Outlook).  It that fails then . . .  don't know what the next step will be.

JMB

Saturday, May 24, 2008 12:18 AM