locked
Can't see any data after publish SSRS report to Sharepoint 2007 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I'm using SSRS 2008 R2 , MOSS 2007 and report Builder 3.0 To generate cascading reports with sharepoint 2007 lists.

    I'm able to filter and see the data correctly within report builder .

    But if i upload the same RDL file to Sharepoint library and then tries to view the report,i'm not getting any data.(absolutely zero records) 

    I'm using Report builder 3.0 and sharepoint list as connection string.

    Interestingly, if i'm ising XML as a connection string to pull sharepoint list data and then publish the report to sharepoint, i'm able to see the data within sharepoint correctly and i'm able to use the cascading filter and can view the correct data.

    Please advice on why i'm not able to see the data if i'm using the connection string" sharepoint list "

    This issue is same even if i'm using BIDS 2008 and sharepoint list as connection string.

    i would like to use sharepoint list as connection string because of the ease of using it.

    Thanks in advance!!

     


    Best Regards, Ashok Yadala | Senior SharePoint Consultant
    Monday, March 28, 2011 7:10 AM

All replies

  • Hi all,

    Further to my question above, I have figured it out why the data is not getting displayed when report is published to sharepoint.

    The reason i have found is that if we have folders within list, we are not getting the data of the list which are inside the folders.

    at this point i can't create a new view to show full data without folders. ( security reasons and also sensitivity of the data)

    Is there any way how to get the data within ssrs report which are inside sharepoint list folders( with sharepoint list as connection string)?

    Please share your thoughts if you have any!!

    Thank you,


    Best Regards, Ashok Yadala
    Monday, March 28, 2011 12:24 PM
  • I have been fighting the same issue for over a week...driving me crazy. If I run the report locally or deploy the report to another report server it is fine.

    But as soon as I run it on the SharePoint (2010) server, nothing but the root folders. I have tried everything. I would use the XML but not all of my list's

    fields are returned. If anyone has a solution other than not using Folders in my list, please share :).

    Friday, October 7, 2011 9:52 PM
  • I had the same issue and I couldn't find a good way to do this without a hack...  There might be a better way that I don't know or maybe Sharepoint 2010 might be the answer but I'm only on 07. So, this is my hack... I created a seperate list with the fields that I was going to use in my report.  I then attached a workflow that would copy the fields from the primary list to my new list.  This workflow would run anytime a file was modified or created. 

    After the workflow ran on all the items it was a simple matter of changing the report to point at the new list I created....

    Friday, May 25, 2012 10:00 PM