Outlook 2016 search is not working RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm trying to search something on outlook nothing happens, even if I'm writing whole words it's not working. always says "no search results".
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

If you are using Exchange account, do you have cached Exchange mode enabled?

What’s your Outlook version? Recently, there is a known issue that after updating Outlook to version 16.0.8827.2062, searching using the All Mailboxes option shows no results. Please check whether this is the same case to you. If yes, please get the latest update via File > Office Account > Update Options > Update Now to fix the issue.

If the above doesn’t apply to your scenario, please verify whether the indexing is completed. To check this, please go to Search > Search Tools > Indexing Status.

What's more, we could see if Outlook data is included in the indexing location. Please go to Control Pane > Indexing Options. If Microsoft Office Outlook is not listed, please select Modify, and then click to enable the check box next to Outlook.

You could refer to this official article for more details.

If there are any updates, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Hi I would like to suggest you to rebuild your Outlook Index, repair your OST/PST with ScanPST.exe. You can search are google for more help.

• Edited by JerryFrey Friday, February 9, 2018 3:46 AM font
    Friday, February 9, 2018 3:45 AM
  • Hi,

Can you search normally now?

If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:25 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check if my reply helps.

Could you please help mark it as answer if the issue don't come back, so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Friday, March 2, 2018 9:23 AM