Is possible to hide or disable the search button in Metro Menu of Windows 8.1? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I'm trying to prevent use of search button of Metro Menu in W8.1. Is it possible? If yes, how do I configure this?

Thanks in advance,

Roberto Coleta

Friday, April 29, 2016 9:12 PM

Answers

• Remove Search menu from Start Menu

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Sunday, May 1, 2016 12:31 AM
  • Hi S.Sengupta,

Why you want to hide or disable the search button?

Have you tried to refer to S.Sengupta’s suggestion to have a try?

I have tested it on my side, and it is not work for me. We would appreciate it if you would post back the test result.

According to my search, it seems that there is no way to remove Search button from Start Screen in Windows 8.1.

But we could try to disable “Windows search” service to disable search function. It will prevent us from using search function.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 2, 2016 9:54 AM

All replies

• Remove Search menu from Start Menu

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Sunday, May 1, 2016 12:31 AM
  • Hi S.Sengupta,

Why you want to hide or disable the search button?

Have you tried to refer to S.Sengupta’s suggestion to have a try?

I have tested it on my side, and it is not work for me. We would appreciate it if you would post back the test result.

According to my search, it seems that there is no way to remove Search button from Start Screen in Windows 8.1.

But we could try to disable “Windows search” service to disable search function. It will prevent us from using search function.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 2, 2016 9:54 AM