Response group "network busy" error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I just setup a group, queue, and workflow for a response group. The SIP identifier is unique and so is the tel URI.  When I ring the extension (we are non-DID) it gives an error saying the network is busy.

"The call could not be completed due to a busy network. Please try again later."

When I dial an extension that is invalid, I get a different error, so I know it is at least trying to get to the response group.  Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong?

Monday, October 8, 2012 9:13 PM

Answers

• Finally have some more time to work on this.  It's still a problem if someone has any advice.

EDIT: I applied the October 2012 updates to the server and this resolved the problem.

• Edited by JasonBurns Monday, December 10, 2012 4:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by JasonBurns Monday, December 10, 2012 4:46 PM
    Monday, December 10, 2012 4:12 PM

All replies

• Are you normalizing the number correctly? For example, let's assume your non-DID number for the Response Group is something like:

+15554443000;ext=1000

When a user dials 1000 you should normalize to +15554443000;ext=1000

If you are normalizing correctly, share the client side log as this will help.

Monday, October 8, 2012 10:24 PM
  • Hi,

Please use a lync user with DID number to dial the response group Number then checkif it also get the same  issue again. Does the Non-DID calling others DID number also get this busy warning?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:10 AM
  • All the numbers are normalized correctly.  Here is a client-side log of the call https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3813452/Communicator-uccapi-0.uccapilog

Sean, We do not have any users with DID numbers, so I don't have any way to test that.

Friday, October 12, 2012 9:18 PM
  • Hi,

Do the lync users also have the Line URI like +15554443000;ext=1000?

I have a test in my lync Lab environment. The Response Group and the Lync client users have the same DID and different extension number. Looks like it works correctly.

Please run the Lync server logging tool on the Lync FE server and get more logs about this issue.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, October 15, 2012 5:31 AM
  • Yes, all the users also have URIs with ;ext=### at the end.  I will see if I can run the logging tool. Do you have any suggestions on what options in the logging tool I need to check to make sure I capture the right data?
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:45 PM
  • Hi,

When you run the Lync Server logging tool on the Lync FE server, please check the S4 and Sip stack with all flags.

Monday, October 22, 2012 2:50 AM
  • Ok, I ran the logging tool.  Here is a link to a zip file containing the S4 and Sip Stack traces.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3813452/S4_1.zip

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:01 PM
  • Finally have some more time to work on this.  It's still a problem if someone has any advice.

EDIT: I applied the October 2012 updates to the server and this resolved the problem.

• Edited by JasonBurns Monday, December 10, 2012 4:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by JasonBurns Monday, December 10, 2012 4:46 PM
    Monday, December 10, 2012 4:12 PM