none
DPM 2010 laptop agent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently busy with a pilot of DPM 2010. I noticed that when the agent deploys it extracts the install files to the root folder of the D:\ drive. I have used the standard executables from the DPM folder. The above problem occurs when you do a manual installation, Automated push from the console and also with an SCCM deployment. could you kindly indicate why this happens and if i can change the location of the file extraction?

thank you,

Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:54 AM

Answers

• I actually just observed this on several machines.  It's the installation of the VC++ core components using the standard windows update process of choosing the drive with the most free space to decompress temp files to during installation.  The user machines I was just testing on had large 1 TB USB drives and I watched the installer use them as the temp location.  WSUS/Windows Updates behave the same way.
    Senior Systems Engineer - University of Central Florida
    Monday, May 23, 2011 7:25 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have not seen this behavior. What OS are you running on the clients? Is the client OS installed on the D:\ drive also?

Thanks,

Marc

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:28 PM
  • I actually just observed this on several machines.  It's the installation of the VC++ core components using the standard windows update process of choosing the drive with the most free space to decompress temp files to during installation.  The user machines I was just testing on had large 1 TB USB drives and I watched the installer use them as the temp location.  WSUS/Windows Updates behave the same way.
    Senior Systems Engineer - University of Central Florida
    Monday, May 23, 2011 7:25 PM
  • Hi,

I am running windows XP SP3 and have a single disk partitioned for OS and data. the Data is located on the D:\. Is there a way to rectify this issue?

regards,

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:45 AM