physical memory dump blue screen after playing a graphically demanding game for longer than 20 mins (win 7 Home P 64bit) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I've recently built my own computer and bought win 7 home P as my OS, everything seems to be fine but if I try and play graphically demanding game (like crysis or left 4 dead 2) my computer randomly crashes after about 20 or so mins (it varies in time). Usually my game crashes and I have to CTRL ALT DLTE out to have it blue screen in about 10 mins in my desktop or my game crashes straight to a blue screen saying "physical memory dump 20-25-30-35-40-45-50-55-60" then my computer restarts!! 

My computer runs these games fine, no lagging, my computer is running nice and quietly, but these crashes seem to come out of the blue (literally). I limited my ram from 1333MHz to 1067MHz and my games ran all day without crashes. I thought I had solved the problem, but a day later and my computer starts playing up again. I ran an extensive memory test that windows recommended to me, but no problems were found!!

My specs are; ASUS m4a77t motherboard, AMD phenom 2 processor black edition, Palit Sonic nvidea gtx 460 geforce 1GB graphics card, PC3 12800 1600MHz 2GB*2 DC kit (4GB). I've got the latest graphics driver and all the win7 updates available.

If anyone could offer a helping hand I would be eternally grateful!! Thanks

Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:50 PM

All replies

• To see the cause I have to take a look at the dumps with the Debugging Tools for Windows.

Please start the Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Windows\Minidump. Next, copy the dmp files to your desktop, zip all dmp into 1 zip file and upload the zip file to your public Skydrive [1] folder and post a link here.

André

[1] http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Proposed as answer by KevinJiang321 Friday, October 28, 2011 7:08 AM
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:11 PM
  • hi what was the end issue with your pc cause mine has the same problem, gone down the same path checking ram with ram tests and i dropped the mHz down and it seemed to fix it, but just happened again when i played a game. if you could let me know what you found out that would be great.

cheers tunkin

Friday, January 14, 2011 8:24 AM