Enabling Outlook 2016 to process a script from a rule RRS feed

• Question

• I had an old version of Outlook and during 2017 purchased the latest version of Office Pro 2016 with Outlook. 

I eventually navigated my way to allow me to include a script within a rule.

The script simply writes the 'body' of the mail item to a file (for further processing elsewhere).  The rule was working OK but has now stopped - I have a breakpoint which would should immediately trigger if it was working and no new files are being created.

I exited Outlook and reopened.  Developer is still on the menu bar.  The script is still an option in Rules and the script included.

I presume I need some option to be enabled when I relaunch Outlook but can't find a way to do that.

Also - for testing - I recollect I had a means of running with the current mail item whilst in VBA but haven't managed to find that either.  Don't really need this now but could be useful in the future.

I seem to close to overcoming most of the obstacles thrown at me but need a little help with this problem.

Any help appreciated

Friday, February 9, 2018 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The 'Run a script rule' option is disabled due to a security update in Outlook 2016. If you want to enable this, you may follow the steps in the link provided by Victor to edit a registry key.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:59 AM
    Monday, February 12, 2018 9:03 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on this thread?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 10:09 AM