none
Bluetooth install problem

Question

• Hi there , I have an laptop Toshiba satellite L855 ,so I decide to upgrade the Wi-Fi card (intel advance-n 6235 +Bluetooth 4.0)

but the issue is I can't install Bluetooth driver is jut giving me a issue,

so can anyone advice me how to deal with windows defender Paths ?

the message box says

Could not write value C:\Program Files(x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\  to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Paths.

Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

thanks a lot  

Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, it is possible that you have an anti-virus application that prevents processes from writing to that key. You could try to temporarily turn off Windows Defender to have a test.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 13, 2017 7:03 AM
  • I just checked on my Win10-1607 laptop, and that regkey is secured, but Windows Defender can edit it.

So I opened up Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Defender
    Add an Exclusion
    + Exclude a Folder
    [Browse to the desired folder to add it as an exclusion]
    [Save that new exclusion]
    [open regedit and navigate to the regkey and can see the new exclusion is listed there]

Maybe that will be enough to allow the software installer to proceed?

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Friday, January 13, 2017 7:20 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 16, 2017 1:30 AM
  • Hi Alvin Wang,

I have the same issue here and this solution not working. Do you have another solution?

I just change my wifi card from Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter to Intel Dual Band AC7620. When I try to install the Bluetooth Driver, it show the message below:

Could not write value C:\Program Files(x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\  to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Paths

Appreciate if you could provide the solution to this, thanks a lot.

Friday, September 8, 2017 7:25 AM
  • I too am having the same problem. Trying to install the Intel wireless bluetooth software and get the same "Could not write value" and same file location. Excluding that path with Windows Defender didn't help. What to do now?
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:49 AM