Exchange 2010 EMC - Server Summary RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I have a question with Exchange 2010.

Recently We have migrated from 2003 to 2010 exchange server and everything seems working fine. But when I access EMC and server summary it shows like below

Total Server: 2

Total Exchange 2010: 1

Total Exchange 2003: 1

When I click the manage servers then it shows just the proper server.

I was checking other post and clicked on Collect Organizational Health Data but it still shows the same. Is there a way to check if migration was done properly or to clear that 2003 server ?

I just found out that when I run the Get-ExchangeServer it shows old and new server. So is there a way to remove the old one ?

Thanks

• Edited by Sicilian85 Wednesday, September 4, 2013 10:35 PM Found more information
    Wednesday, September 4, 2013 10:32 PM

Answers

• Actually one of my co worker who did this migration and recently he quit. I am not sure how he did it.

Now I am working to resolve this. When I run the ExBpa it shows both servers for scan. When I run this scan will it affect other users ?

Thanks

Nope. Not at all.

If the server still exists then follow those steps in that article.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

• Marked as answer by Sicilian85 Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:35 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 12:29 AM

All replies

• Run ExBpa in the ToolBox.

Did you follow:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg576862(v=exchg.141).aspx

Remove the Last Legacy Exchange Server from an Exchange 2010 Organization

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 10:35 PM
  • Actually one of my co worker who did this migration and recently he quit. I am not sure how he did it.

Now I am working to resolve this. When I run the ExBpa it shows both servers for scan. When I run this scan will it affect other users ?

Thanks

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 10:49 PM

Thanks

Nope. Not at all.

If the server still exists then follow those steps in that article.

• Marked as answer by Sicilian85 Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:35 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 12:29 AM
  • Hi,

Before removing the Exchange 2003 server, we should fit multiple folders and services to Exchange 2010 server.

Please refer to this KB and verify you have completed all, then you can remove the Exchange 2003 from your organization.

I hope it can help.

Regards,

Rebecca

Thursday, September 5, 2013 12:12 PM
  • Thanks Andy it worked
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:35 PM
  • Hi Sicilian,

I have the same issue, one of my co worker migrated from exchange 2007 to 2010. The old exchange 2007 server has been dumped after migration somewhere and i assume the decommissioning was not performed correctly , hence i cannot go back into the old sever and uninstall exchange 2007.

I can also see there is an option where you can go into ADSI edit and remove the legacy exchange server. When my co worker tried doing that the whole exchange server went down. I can see that you were able to successfully remove legacy exchange server. Which procedure did you follow exactly?

Many Thanks,

Sam

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:03 PM